1. What are cookies?
In general, a cookie is a small text and number file that we store in your web browser, on your mobile device and/or on your computer’s hardware. This allows us to remember your preferences when using our website (e.g. language selection), unless you have adjusted your browser settings as such that cookies will be refused.
2. Types of cookies
Cookies can be divided according to their origin, functionality and storage period.
• First-party cookies are technical cookies ensuring that a website functions properly. This enhances the quality of our services.
• Third-party cookies are cookies that are placed by a different domain name than the domain name of the website being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and a third party places a cookie through that website, then this is a third-party cookie. For cookies placed by such third parties, we refer you to the statements that these parties provide on their respective websites. Please note: we do not exert any influence on the content of these statements nor on the content of the cookies of these third parties.
First-and third-party cookies can be further divided into:
• Essential or strictly necessary cookies are (as their name indicates) necessary to use a website, to offer certain functions requested by you and to ensure a safe identity verification;
• Functional cookies are cookies that ensure that our website functions properly and help to remember your choices and preferences on our website (e.g. cookies for log-in or registration, language preferences, products in your shopping cart, etc.). Functional cookies are logically first-party cookies.
• Non-functional cookies are cookies that can be placed for statistical, social, targeting and commercial purposes. They have nothing to do with the purely technical support of the website. Non-functional cookies can be first-party or third-party cookies.
– Cookies with statistic purposes allow to check which pages of the website you visit, where your computer is located, etc. (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Hotjar).
– Cookies with social purposes make it possible for the user to share the content of the visited website directly with others via social media (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube).
– Cookies with targeting purposes allow you to build up a profile based on your surfing behavior, as a result of which the displayed advertisements are tailored to your interests (Facebook).
– Cookies with commercial purposes keep track of how many and which advertisements were shown to a user (Google Adwords en Bing ads).
Cookies can also be divided according to their lifespan:
• Permanent cookies: These cookies remain on the user's device for the duration determined in the cookie. They are activated every time the user visits the website that has placed this cookie (e.g. cookies placed by social media such as Twitter, Facebook, Google Analytics, etc.). Most non-functional cookies are permanent cookies.
• Session cookies: These cookies allow us to simplify the actions of a user and to link them together during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and ends when they close the browser window. Session cookies are placed temporarily. As soon as you close the browser, all session cookies will be deleted. Most functional cookies are session cookies.
Our website uses functional cookies and similar technologies to, inter alia, distinguish your usage preferences from those other users of our website, display the website in your preferred language, remember the person who logged in, etc. This helps us to offer you a better user experience when you visit our website, and allows us to optimize our website.
Hereunder you find an overview of the cookies we use:
|_ga||GA1.2.2056611738.1632241572||.efcfruit.com||28-9-2021 18:28:29||30 B|
|_gat_gtag_UA_11246226_1||1||.efcfruit.com||21-9-2021 18:29:25||24 B|
|_gid||GA1.2.1205078848.1632241572||.efcfruit.com||22-9-2021 18:28:29||31 B|
|efc_session||www.efcfruit.com||21-9-2021 20:28:30||353 B||Lax|
|XSRF-TOKEN||www.efcfruit.com||21-9-2021 20:28:30||352 B||Lax|
Cookies and similar technologies do not, however, allow us to systematically collect data that could identify the users of our website. They help us to improve the functioning of our website, to better respond to the interests of our users, and to measure how effective the content of our website is. However, the following data, which qualify as personal data, may be collected stored and used by cookies:
• Information about your computer (e.g. your IP address, the date and time of your visit to our website, the internet address of the website from which you opened the hyperlink to our website);
• Other information that you prefer to send us (e.g. when you ask us to provide you information);
• Personal details that you provide to us when you register on of login into our website, or when you place an order (e.g. your name, first name, address and email address).
Our website also uses various types of non-functional cookies (both first- and third party cookies) for statistical, social, commercial and targeting purposes. For this we ask your permission, which you can of course refuse. Please note that such a refusal may affect your user experience on our website.
Please read our privacy statement to find out more about how we process and protect your personal data.
4. Managing cookies
We point out that web browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings can be found in the 'Options' or 'Preferences' menu of your web browser. You can also adjust your settings so that your browser refuses all cookies or only the cookies from third parties. Be aware that if you choose not to receive cookies, we can no longer guarantee that your experience on our website will be as fulfilling as it would otherwise be. It may be that some functions of the website are lost or even that you can not visit the website at all. In addition, refusing cookies does not mean that you will no longer see advertisements at all. The advertisements are then no longer tailored to your interests and can therefore be repeated more often. How you can adjust your settings differs per browser. To better understand these settings, the following links can be useful. If necessary, consult the 'Help' function in your web browser for more details.
5. Do you have any further questions?
Please feel free to contact us via the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.